--- Elemental v1.09e Change Log ---
** Fixes / Tweaks **
- Fixed a bug where loot could go nuts (pioneers giving millions of Gildar)
- Grand kids should no longer defect to dead factions
- Map list now has tooltips & lists the map size
- When you load a map from the world setup screen, it now updates the world size spinner
- Fix: Minor Water Elemental summon (from Lord of Sea spell) and Storm Giant now have their “Drowning Strike” abilities
- Heal spell working properly (Unit “CurHealth” modifiers now work with Min/Max value calculations)
- City List now features tooltip explaining red popupation
- Bug Fixed: ‘Resource Changed’ event not firing when the resource was already in the player’s pool (broke chapter 5 of the campaign)
- Trigger for ‘Resource Ammount Met’ no longer requires the player to have been BELOW the required amount the turn before
- Consolidated most of the SP/MP xml files, eliminating discrepencies between MP and SP files
- fixed leaked ref with starting spellbook spells.
- on new unit design screen, when hovering over or selecting an item that has no "attributes" or "costs", those labels in the selection context area will not be shown. An example is when you hover or select a hairstyle from the [OTHER] tab, equipping hair has no benefits or costs, but the labels were still showing up, which looked dumb.
- Fixed bug where mounted units did not generate their portraits properly
- Fixed bug where after renaming a city, the old name would still be displayed on the cloth map
- AI being limited by the UnitType “AllowGrouping” tag (won’t groups catapults to assult the player)
- City List: RED population when there’s not enough housing
- City List: doubleclicking an entry acts the same as seleting it and pressing “Details”
- City Building Mode
- turn off camera bounds clipping (fixed bug where the camera would jerk around,causing improvements to be oddly placed)
- selecting a friendly city in city-build mode selects it for city building
- doubleclicking a city-details improvement entry will auto-place it
~~ Multiplayer ~~~
- Multiplayer enabled in public build
- Removed checks for duplicate factions in the choose sovereign screen so that cycling through all the AI players doesn’t leave you with no choices
- You can now right click on the team, faction, and sovereign buttons in the game lobby to cycle backwards. (for non-AI players, right clicking does the same thing as left clicking for faction and sovereign)
- Fixed bug where map size was always tiny in the available games list
- Fixed bug where minor factions were picking player colors
- Fixed bug where if there were duplicate factions, they would get all the AI designed units from the other faction
- Fixed bug where you wouldn’t have a faction if you finished or quit out of a game (now keeps the one that was previously set)
- If you change the world size, the map name is now cleared so that a new random map will be picked.
- Fixed stuck turn bug caused by caravans with invalid destinations
- I believe that I have fixed the bug where if you clicked fast enough you could build multiple instances of a limited improvement, or build two improvements on one resource
- Fixed bug where the learning queue was not saved in mp save games
- Fixed bug with learning spells twice by spam clicking
- Fixed bug when choosing a spell level not getting saved
Version 1.08 and 1.08b
- Added as a Beta that allows players to try Multiplayer. There are no AI opponents in this version.
- LOD optimizations across improvements and tile designs
- Continued memory optimization
- AI handles its sovereign more intelligently
- AI more effective at going after targets of opportunity
- AI sovereign is more careful about going into enemy territory
- AI has new APIs for determining whether there are targets of opportunity in the area
- Balance pass on resource distribution
- Base tech cost changed from 4 to 5
- Merchants/Money Changers now require 1 food to construct
- Study/Archivist now require 1 gildar per turn to maintain
- Gildar deposit now seeded near starting location
- Tracker talent cost changed from 15 to 10
- Organized talent cost changed from 10 to 20
- Combat Rating calculation altered in an attempt to be a more accurate gauge of lethalness
- Fewer resources spawned per 1000 tiles.
- Fewer minor factions spawned.
- Added scalars to attack and defence for units who are in home territory or foreign territory, modifiable in ElementalDefs.xml
- Territory scalars now work as Empire v Fallen (e.g. Kingdom guy on Fallen territory gets penalty, etc).
- Updated formula for gildar given when killing a given unit
- Child essence is no longer modified by spawn rating, but is instead a value between 50% and 100% of the more powerful parent's essence.
- Updated TerrainTypes.xml to make Forests and Swamps take 2 moves
- Changing the “IncreaseMorale” modifier attribute to “AdjustMorale. It’s more clear for the modders.
- Revamp of the way offensive spells hit/miss and deal their damage
- HIT/MISS is deteremined by an attacker roll (minDamage – maxDamage) and by the defender roll (0-DEF)
- Values can now be specified as a MinValue and a MaxValue rather than just a Value (support for constant value spells is still supported)
- If a MinValue and a MaxValue is specified, the Value is defined by a rand roll between the two numbers based on the modifiers internal rand roll.
- Updated descriptions for all core spellbook spells to show bonus damage from INT and bonus damage from shards in the spell description.
- The SpellbookWnd has been updated to properly display the damage range if there is one, and the constant damage if there isn’t one.
- All core spells that were using stats to calculate the value but didn’t have a ValueOwner specified have been fixed.
- The elemental shards unit stats now default to 0 instead of 1. The calculations in the existing spells have been redone to reflect this.
- Fixed BURNING BLADE spell to appropriately increase attack.
- Fixed SHIELD OF FIRE spell to appropriately increase defense.
- Fixed CRUSH SPIRIT spell to appropriately decrease morale.
- Fixed BRAVERY spell to appropriately increase morale.
- Fixed DRAIN LIFE spell to appropriately transfer HP from target to caster.
- Changed the display code for the main UI bar to round attack and defense rather than truncate.
- Hooked up the CTRL+ARROW and SHIFT-ARROW camera rotation and movement hotkeys to tactical.
- Added save game descriptions.
- Fixed bug where dialogs from triggers in the campaign (like moving beyond where you should build a city) would pop up many times when a unit moved into that tile.
- Fixed AI bug where it was doing deficit spending and creating units still
- Removed the max spell points entry from the affected stats in the level up wnd, since it isn't affected by any unit stats anymore
- Fixed bug where non-aggression pact wasn't being checked for when left-clicking on a unit in attack mode
- Fixed modifier in Refined_Economics_Amarian_MP to modify A_Gold player ability instead of A_Wealth (which doesn't exist)
- Fixed golem animation pack (commented out an animation that was missing and causing t-poses)
- Fixed crash when making a mountain in map editor
- Fixed trading your spouse (if she was a recruited NPC) in the regular unit trade
- Perceived value stuff gets hidden when arranging marriages, instead of showing whatever was selected last
- Entries for kids when arranging marriages now use a male and female icon to denote boy and girl, instead of the words in parentheses after the name
- Fixed "…" from string overflowing for the divider title when trading or arranging a marriage
- Fixed the divider title not ever changing from "And" once the arrange marriage screen was shown
- Fixed display of tooltip text and color text on Customize Faction window
- Tweaked SetToolTip to calculate the necessary size of the window more accurately, to fix bug where tooltips were sometimes being truncated
- Fixed bug where clicking a new destination while the unit was moving would cause the unit to get a free move
- You can no longer set a units destination while it is moving
- Fixed Refined Housing and Refined Economics techs (and their fallen equivalents) so that they correctly provide the bonus they say they do
- When a unit inside a city or an army is selected and asked to cast a spell, that is the unit that is used for spellcasting now, instead of having it just fail (in a city) or try to cast the spell from the leader of the army
- Fixed bug where summoning a unit while in a city would cause that unit to be summoned in an army with you within that city (causing weird behavior), now just stations the unit in the city with you
- Fixed bug where raise land spell would not work on all land category terrain types, like swamp or rugged terrain. Now, if a land tile is not hills, it raises that land to hills, instead of checking for only some terrain types
- Fixed a bug where, in the faction editor, you could select ability bonus options for free by selecting and deselecting them, and then spinning the race spinner, caused by deselection not updating the faction config correctly
- Fixed units that finished training on the same turn as an autosave not being there when the autosave was loaded
- Fixed players not being able to select their city level up bonuses or tech breakthroughs on loading an autosave if they were earned that turn, by having the local player mark themselves as needing to get user input for these things instead of unhiding the windows to allow the choice right away during CWorld::EndTurn, and not letting the user choose until after the next turn starts and the autosave has been made. If one of thses autosaves is loaded, the local player will be allowed to choose their tech breakthroughs and city bonuses once the map is unhidden. This keeps us from having to delay an autosave and the start of the next turn by waiting for the user to choose their bonuses, instead making that choice part of the start turn logic after the autosave has been made and saving the mark saying the player will get to choose at the start of the next turn.
- Fixed treaty turn counts not matching if an autosave was loaded
- Based on confusion in the forums, removed ability to automatically unlock a spell in the learning queue if it makes it to the front of the queue when the player has enough research to buy it, so that users rearranging their spell learning queue don't have their spell points silently taken away while shuffling spells around, if they didn't intend to learn that spell next
- Now it always takes at least one turn to learn any spell
- Fixed bug where tile highlights in tactical battle would disappear after an ALT+TAB
- Fixed bug where trees would not look correct in all cases after loading a gamesave.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing counter attacks against units with abilities of type DoesNotProvokeCounterattacks.
- Fixed an issue that was causing modifiers applied in tactical battles to persist after the battle.
- This fixes the bug that causes XP and Gildar rewards after battles to be negatively skewed if the enemy unit combat rating was lowered due to debuffs.
- Fixed an issue with skipping turns in tactical battles that would cause a stuck turn if done when the unit being skipped was in motion. - Pressing spacebar now sets a tactical units moves to zero AND cancels their destination.
For those who want to play v1.08 in multiplayer mode, you will need to set Impulse to show Pre-release versions:
We designated multiplayer as “beta” because we disabled playing against AI until next week. I had written a lot of AI code this week that is in the single player version but had not been adequately tested for MP. We didn’t want to give players the impression that was considered the feature set in multiplayer as being all that’s coming.
Next week we anticipate releasing v1.09 which will continue to address issues that were not found in the initial release, improve computer AI further and provide it and other new MP features. After that, we will begin focusing on v1.1 which will be the first post-release update that is designed specifically to extending game play.
Anyone who has performance or technical (stability) problems with this build please make sure you you let us know. At this stage, the technical issues that were present at launch should be fully addressed. If this isn’t the case for you, let us know as much as you can about your system as we will personalize our efforts as much as possible.
We are anxious to move forward to begin our traditional policy of extending the game to suit the desires of the gaming community.
1.We have implemented an option for quick moves in tactical battles but it was not checked-in in time for this build.
2.We intend to provide an option for the amount of gildar that will be present in the world (both in terms of loot and the amount of gold that gold deposits provide). We dramatically reduced the amount of loot that monsters provide because it was not intended for players to run their economy "harvesting" wolves and other creatures but rather supplement. We recognize that others enjoy this and will address this as an option in future versions.
Version 1.08 is now available
1.If you are loading a saved game created with a previous version, there may be some anomalous behaviors in tactical battles with direct damage magical spells (we may release an update to address this).
2.Some outlaw adventurers are appearing as if they are recruitable, this is a UI issue that will be addresed in the next update.
~~~~~~ Elemental v1.07 Change Log ~~~~~~~
~ Performance ~
- Major improvement to rendering system, especially when over cities.
- Condensed scene rendering process from 3 passes through scene into a single pass
- Bunch of fixes to the issues behind "DX Error: Invalid Call", particularly when Alt-Tab'ing. This will continue to be worked on.
- Added new framerate limiter ( limits framerate to refresh rate of device )
- Removed throttle framerates option (this is always on now)
- Particle Effects no longer render if the "Disable Particle Effects" option is on
- Outlines now LOD-out as you zoom out
- Added option "Disable Outlines" to the options screen to turn off rendering outlines (Might help lower-end machines, and some people prefer no outlines)
- Commented out unnecessary debug messages
~ Bug Fixes ~
- Fixed Various Memory Leaks
- Fixed the issue that was causing the unimproved tile designs for elemental shards to stick around after a shard-harvesting improvement was built on top of them.
- fixed a bug where if you have the option on where when entering/leaving city build mode, the camera switches between overhead and default view, you could get stuck in overhead view (and forced to manually move the camera back) if you pressed the city build mode button, while already in city build mode
- fixed bug where AI demands a tribute of 0 gildar
- fixed display issue where improvement cost entries overfilled the improvement build list
- fixed display issue where units with long names overfilled the name area on the level up wnd.
- fixed display issue on battle init wnd, if defense or attack was negative then it showed up as a huge number. Beserker ring gives a -3 to defense, which could give you negative overall defense. Same might be true of attack if in the future we have some strange item that decreases your attack.
- Fixed bug where units in tile designs (like horses, wargs, etc) would not fade out when the tile is under fog of war
- Fixed "jumping units" when starting new game from within a game (or loading a game within a game)
- Other fixes regarding battle initition window, creating mountains in map editor, first contact status not being set to relation unknown
- Fixed a bug where improvements that were flagged as once-per-city were able to be placed twice.
~ Gameplay / Balance ~
- Fixed bug where economic treaty gold bonuses weren't getting added to the global resource pool
- Changed how creatures and NPCs increase their stats when they level up to nerf incredibly powerful high-level monsters running around
- Stacking of items fixed (can now only wear 1 per type per champion)
- Pioneers in a boat can no longer build a Settlement at sea
- Wild improvements will now be able to be taken into account in a city's resource usage correctly, if any of them ever have negative resource production
- Refugee camps (and other wild improvements that provide population storage bonuses) improvements
- Fixed Miner sovereign profession bonus
- Fixed Great Warriors faction bonus
- Removed really high starting mana regen ability from Umber's faction config
- Fixed Advanced Tracking techs (in both tech trees) to change the player ability that is hooked up to affect movement
- Fixed broken productionreq tag on vengeance coating
- References to Ice shards changed to Water for consistency
- Sprint duration adjusted to 2
- Lowered HP for fallen peasant
- Fixed up resource hoard description text
- Various food resources now provide different amounts as indicated by old description text
- Improved output of Temple of Essence
- Improved output of Tower of Titans, Tower of Souls
- Fixed construction resource cost for curgen's exchange
- Resource hoard costs now mirror kingdoms resource costs
- Fixed up description text for construction yard
- Great Theatre no longer provides +100% Gildar, only +100% Prestige
- AI: Added code to send sovereign back to his capital city if he has no destination after the early phase of the game
- Fixes for various terrain types not responding to RaiseLand spell
- Resource hoards no longer deduct from the buildable tiles of a city (the 'bananna cities' from the forums)
~ Battles ~
- Changed the calculation for battle damage to take multiple troops into better account (with each unit getting an individual attack roll).
- Every time panic is caused, the combat text for the panic will be shown.
- Fixed a problem where misses and non-damage spells would cause an on hit animation to be played in tactical battles.
- Fixed a possible bug where units would no longer update their troop counts after reaching a single troop left.
- When selecting the spell book in tactical battles the cursor should now reset to the arrow.
- When clicking on a unit's hiergemenon entry in tactical battles the cursor should now reset to the arrow.
- Turned on bounding box picking for tactical battles to improve the feel of unit selection.
- Selecting units should now be turned back on while other units are animating in tactical battles.
- Fixed a bug where unit tooltips in tactical battles would draw over tooltips for items and spells.
- Added some checks to the battle init window to stop the window from showing when defenders or attackers were null. Also added logic to clear waiting flags in this case.
~ UI ~
- Adopted the unit vitals context for a Details tab to show when a wild improvement is selected on the main map, to give more meaningful and easier to read information
- If the improvement is under construction, it says so and uses the level slider to show the progress towards completion and the turns left
- If the improvement is done, it shows what that improvement is producing and has an entry to get further information about the improvement by opening up the lorebook
- Also, it shows which city an improvement is linked to, or "Not linked" if it isn't. If it is linked, the tooltip explains that this city is contributing production bonuses to the resource production of that improvement. If the improvement is not linked, the tooltip says how many tiles the nearest city needs to be closer to link with that city, explaining that it will be able to get city production bonuses if it does link
- New Tactical Icons hooked up for Smelter, Trade Center, Construction Yard, Merchant Guild
- New Tile Designs for Ventri Iron Mine, Stone Quarry, Clay Quarry, Marble Quarry, Drath Village, Shrill Hive, Spider Nest
- Fixed bug where double-clicking on a spell you couldn't cast from the spellbook popup would queue a bunch of "Can't cast tactical spell" message boxes to appear over and over, now just plays a little failure sound if something that can't be cast is double-clicked
- Fixed a typo in a campaign dialog
- When you build an improvement on a resource, the map notifier for it is removed
- Fixed typo "completly restored" to "completely restored"
- Fixed some places where the display of per-turn gold production lagged behind changes to it, gets rid of some income discrepancies between some screens when loading a game, adding/cancelling a treaty, etc.
~Known Issues ~
- Tactical Battles: Stuck turn if you use space bar or click "Pass Turn" button while selected unit is moving. Clicking auto-resolve will end the battle if the turn is stuck.
- Occasional instances of damage indicators not appearing over units.
Version 1.06.19 Hotfix
We've released a 1.06 hotfix - despite our intentions were to have 1.06 be more supportive of 1.05 saved games, things didn't work as planned and we were seeing a lot of oddities throughout the forums.
The hotfix will force the player to start with the new data, ensuring validity of key components (read: less crashy).
NOTE: This version is not totally compatible with Saved games from previous versions. YMMV.
Elemental v1.06 Change Log
Gameplay / Balance
- Cost of weapons increased in terms of gold and materials
- Monster leveling tops out earlier so that there aren’t crazy powerful monsters late game
- Training time increased for the more sophisticated weapons
- AI will focus more on training soldiers rather than building up their cities if under threat
- General AI improvements
- AI smarter about training units in cities based on their current resource situation
- AI more effective at determining who to go to war with
- By default, the AI opponents added in the Choose Opponents window get difficulty set based on the World Difficulty
- Campaign: Markinn now gives tactical HASTE spell instead of strategic SUMMON ROCK GIANT spell
- Campaign: city leveup bonuses for TECH KNOWLEDGE and ARCANE KNOWLEDGE now suppressed in campaign
- AI sov's are now using an HP adjustment multiplier based on AI difficulty settings
- Hooked up the projectile follow camera code to obey the Auto-Move Camera in Tactical option.
- Adding message boxes to explain why spell casting fails.
- Fix to repick targets in autoresolve when a counterattack kills the attacker.
- Fix to make targeting picking more intelligent (to be sure it doesn't pick invalid targets).
- Auto selection of the next unit in tactical battles should no longer occur if the game option for not auto selecting is turned on.
- Tactical action cost modifiers for everything except for movement (which can have buffs) should now be 1.
- The tactical action cost of special abilities is now 2.
- All tactical actions use up to their cost, except for spells which require at least 2 action points.
- When a tactical battle closes it now sets the cursor to be an arrow.
- Fixed Map Notifiers only placed for resources your faction can eventually tap (ex. won’t tell kingdoms about wargs)
- Trade Equipment Wnd tweaks so that summoned creatures show up in the scene views better.
- Hooked up new entries for the actions list, vitals list, and other basic image entries in main game wnd contexts to act more like buttons (highlight and have a click down state) to indicate that they are clickable
- Fixed the infamous "white screen" in tactical battles that occurred on a very specific hardware/driver/OS configuration.
- Fixed a problem that would cause the particle effects to disappear after alt-tabbing out of the game when running in full-screen.
- Fixed a DirectX warning in Tile Highlight Graphic
- fixed uninitalized UNIT pointer in AIMessageBox (caused a debugger crash, probably fixes random crashes users have witnessed)
- Fixed bug where linked pioneer improvements were getting the multiplier bonuses from their linked cities twice
- Changed around the values grabbed for some resource breakdowns so that they match getting rid of this double bonus
- You can no longer build pioneer improvements on resources outside of your ZOC, even if they are adjacent to a city, to prevent them from getting destroyed if they can't get absorbed in time
- Adjacent pioneer improvements to cities now get absorbed into the city the very next turn, instead of 2 turns after they became adjacent
- Fixed bug where custom empire factions designed in the faction designer wouldn't have a valid tech tree
- Custom factions now get the appropriate wall set, and change their name to "Kingdom of" or "Empire of" appropriately
- Fixed a bug in the faction designer that caused the race spinner to not match the actual race being displayed
- Shortened the text in the caravan info cards to make it less likely that text entries will overflow to the next line down, and got rid of some old text that doesn't mean anything to how caravans work anymore, and got rid of some hardcoded strings, and moved the hardcoded quote to the different caravan/trader unit types
- CMapGenerator no longer generates race starting position for tactical battles, since they aren’t used in that mode and were causing debug messages to flood output as the random land tile buffer isn’t getting filled after the first tactical battle map is created.
- Campaign: Fixed oddity where reloading a save would reblock the pass between New pariden and Gilden.
We put up v1.05.016 in the early hours of the morning.
- We finally found and killed a battle engine related crash that we think was the cause of virtually all end of turn related crashes.
- Archers and units with special abilities can perform actions as long as they have action points available. This will likely be altered in a future update but there is the issue of some equipment lowering the combat speed of units enough to where they wouldn't be able to use their weapon.
- We increased the default combat speed from 1 to 2. This has had a positive impact on tactical battles.
- Fixed a couple of misleading tooltips.
- We have temporarily disabled the empire faction portion of the Faction creation mod tool since it was creating Imperial factions with invalid tech trees.
Elemental Day0 Change Log - Refers to the originally planned release date (Street date was broken and Stardock decided to release for their Impulse clients earlier).
Game Version 1.05
~ Gameplay / Balance ~
- Several new spells added
- Boats will no longer disband due to dissertion
- Absolute elimination of duplicate NPCs
- Vigilant Demon now has mana
- Combat Speed can only be increased 0.25 per level
- Shop values for weapons lowered
- Elementium description added
- Outposts and such now provide +HP to units stationed
- Fewer resources are spawned at the start of the game
- Summoning spellbook no longer available at start
- Tech trees can now reach level 5 notable locations and quest locations
- Fixed issue that would prevent people from completing the Old Enchanter quest (a.k.a. the midnight stone quest); it wasn’t checking the items of the unit that reached the quest destination, rather those of the unit that started the quest, which could be a different unit.
- Random quest locations should no longer spawn on hills.
- Snathi now has a new, non-Drake leader
~ AI ~
- AI manages ships better
- AI Sovereign’s spouse will seek the safety of a friendly settlement rather than travel with their spouse
- AI more effective in establishing strong armies prior to going on the offensive
- AI better at determining whether it is in their best interests to declare war
- AI will notify player of tiles they should be using and how to use them.
- Janusk provides a lot more useful information
- AI difficulty levels tweaked for more challenge at higher levels
- AI tweaks to XML
~ Battles ~
- Added "Auto-Move Camera in Tactical" which is OFF by default
- Clarified some language for the hurl boulder spells (that it does non-defendable damage).
- Auto resolve draws will now favor the defender.
- Added message boxes to tactical battles when action points are too low to do some action.
- Added the ability to bring message boxes up as forced popups (always on top).
- Added checks in auto resolve to be sure a unit can counter attack and its target can be counter attacked.
- Added more robust checks to see if tactical actions can be done.
- The tactical action check will now return a string if the action cannot be done.
- Casting a spell will now properly check action points for special abilities and ranged attacks.
- Moved the logic to refresh troop numbers to happen when a unit's health changes.
- Updating troop numbers should now be a bit more logical.
- A unit's max health is now properly based on the maximum amount of troops they have (not their current troop number).
- In tactical battles units that have no spell can no longer open the spellbook.
- Fixed a few temporary cursors in tactical battles.
- Added sound effects to all the spells that were using FlameBurst1 (which doesn't exist)
- Added the IsSpecialAbility tag to SpellDefs. Enabling this makes the spell cost 1 ap instead of 2 ap to use
- Updated all the core ability spell defs with the IsSpecialAbility tag.
- Casting spells in tactical battles costs 2 action points now.
- Using special abilities in tactical battles costs 1 action point now.
- Shooting a ranged weapon in tactical battles cost 2 action points now.
- The tooltip for a unit’s hit points in the tactical battle window will now show any bonuses applied to the health.
~ UI ~
- added ESC key support for closing common popups.
- new tutorial messages added to the campaign, explaining the basics, including: camera movement, unit selection and movement, founding a kingdom, tapping a resource, visiting an item shop, etc.
- Added a bunch of new shortcut keys
- Fixed unit shortcut keys while in a city (now clicking on a unit portrait in the city will do that unit action instead of overriding to the city keys)
- Fixed cases that you could click a unit, then click a goodie hut (for example), and still use the previous units shortcut keys
- Enabled shortcut keys for items that don't belong to the local player (details, propose, recruit, etc.)
- Fixed the hiergamenon resource breakdown page to include houses under construction for food
- Added code to reset minimap for new game
- New game tray implemented (now has next unit and next city buttons)
- Added shortcut keys for next unit and next city (shift+u and shift+c, respectively [shift+s already jumps to sovereign so consistent])
- Tool tips cleaned up
- hooked up new for when disband unit action is disabled
- Faction Editor “Faction Creator” hooked up
- Mod Library button added to workshop
- clicking someone without a soundpack uses a UI sfx, not a grunt/yes/ etc (less annoying)
- Champion Lorebook/Context area Tweaked, adding ‘Equip’ button that brings up EQUIPMENT, remove list of items
- unit context: removed equip icon on medallion (redundant…button directly to the right had same functionality)
- Map Notifications now display HUD icons on the map, event icons on the side, and when you click the event list icon it’ll take the player to the event they need to see
~ Engine ~
- LOD levels on main map are now back to what they used to be for better performance
- New shard effects, both dormant and tapped, that over 1/2 as intensive as their older versions (the joys of beam particles over billboard particles)
~ Impulse Overlay ~
- Support for swedish, finnish, icelandic and spanish keyboards which have the @ symbol on an alt-gr modifier key. It is also now possible to enter some more unusual symbols too!
- Wheel scrolling in friends list.
~ Bug Fixes ~
- Fixed issue that was preventing quests from placing locations with their preferred type (CQuestDef wasn’t saving the preferred type, so when the data zip was loaded, it would be null).
- Fixed some crashes on load from if a unit type was retired while a unit of that type was in a training queue, since the unit type would be removed from the global vector but some things would still be looking for it on load. Now the function to remove a retired unit type checks the training queues of all the cities, too, and when the AI retires a unit type, it removes it from its list of designs.
- I think this also fixes some crashes on load from the testers downstairs, where I would see units looking for AI designed unit types that weren't in the unit type list anymore, as well as the loading in of the AI designed unit type vector, but I'm just making an educated guess based on the fact that the AI automatically retires unit types it designs itself. This does fix a reproducible crash related to training units at least, though.
- Campaign: AI cities named correctly to match lore
- Lost Library and Ancient Temple now using proper cloth icons for their built versions (lost library used to like ancient temple)
- Fixed bug where using a soverign for a race not their own (ex. Relias with Capitar) then playing against the race you would have led (Altar, in this example) the random sovereign would retain your name (2 relias’ talking to each other)
Elemental 1.01 08/24/2010
Note: This version was an interim build that was put out due to the game's street date being broken by some retailers.
- Lots of new seed maps (particularly for medium and large)
- Enemy Unit caching modified so that they are released from the game after death (this should address the “game gets slower over time” issue some have reported)
- In tactical battles, the camera will only move IF the unit is off screen
- Fixed a crash related to city tiles on DirectX 11 based setups with a game within a game
- Removed non-terrain based tactical battle bonus modifiers (an interesting idea but unintuitive)
- There are technologies that will spawn more shards on the map.
- Fixed tactical heal spell to ensure that it doesn’t do any 0 point healing.
- Fixed issue that caused failed spells to say “miss”
- Disabled the use of the L8 texture format to use the A8R8G8B8 format as it was incompatible with certain video cards and causing the game to crash (fog of war issue)
- Worldly knowledge renamed to “Tech Knowledge” to be consistent with the manual.
- Fixed a crash related to children being born during a reloaded saved game that could cause a crash on 64-bit machines
- Fixed a crash related to reference counting on the Dynasty screen that happens on 32-bit Windows XP machines
- Tactical Battles now support edge scroll
- Fixed a buffer overrun issue that caused random crashing on SSD SATA drives while saving a game.
- Cosmetic fix to the object tool in th map editor
- Fixed a bug that would cause the goodie hut graphics not to be removed when they were no longer relevant.
- Fixed minimap bug where unhiding and dragging the minimap without first resizing it would cause the map part to get offset from the rest of the minimap window, leaving it blank
- Fixed bug on loading a game or starting a new game within a game where clicking on a city would leave its resource tab blank until it was clicked on again
- Improved performance of units joining into an army
- Hooked up the draggable window showing the list of players who have requested a new turn or not in multiplayer, automatically shows up in multiplayer but does not get filled or ever unhide in single player [NOTE: Multiplayer servers will NOT be enabled until AFTER day 0]
- Fixed crash related to very very fast machines loading up data.zip before initialization causing data to not be fully enabled which would result in a crash when the object in question was accessed.
- Ice Bolt spell removed
- New spell: Stab of Ice, short range spell, causes enemy to lose turn in addition to damage.
- Sion Unit given special abilities and rebalanced
Initial release. Made available through digital download on 8/22/2010 to people who pre-ordered. Made available retail on 8/24/2010.